Every year, Google rolls out its Google Trends update, which savvy marketers keep a close eye on. According to Contently, “To find out what users wanted most, Google collects feedback from hundreds of journalists across the globe. And it looks like these respondents desired three big things: real-time information, a focus on storytelling, and curated data sets. Because that’s exactly what they got.”
What's happening in the content marketing industry?
Since we know data is so important, let’s look at what it’s telling us is happening in the content marketing industry:
- 30% of marketers say content marketing is the most crucial strategy for driving results.
- Despite the growth of content marketing, 54% of brands don’t have an on-site, dedicated content director.
- 73% of B2B marketers use video as a content marketing tactic.
- LinkedIn has 347 million registered members.
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without photos.
- 73% of consumers prefer to get information from a company via articles over ads.
- 67% of consumers feel that custom content from a company is valuable.
- 78% of consumers believe that the companies that provide custom content want to build a good relationship with them.
- 74% of people trust educational content from businesses on their area of expertise.
Here are some tips from experts in the field:
Dan Tyre, Executive at HubSpot, emphasized inbound marketing by saying:
“Personalization and customization is the next level in the inbound revolution. What makes inbound effective: If you give people relevant offers, information, and education, they will feel compelled to come back to you.”
“If you are in content marketing, you’re in the right place at the right time.”
Rob Humphrey, Account Executive at LinkedIn, says:
“Mastering content marketing requires these three things. Content planning. Check that box. Need help? Tons around. Content creation. Just do it. Or pay someone. Or curate. Conversion to keep your job. Harder and not getting easier.”
Image Courtesy of Rob Humphrey, LinkedIn
Arne Kuenn, CEO at Vertical Measures, states:
“Buyers are searching for information that helps them make an informed decision. Businesses that provide that information will win. So create content people are actually searching for.”“Make a mind-shift change when creating your content strategy. Think like a publisher. If you have a website, you’re publishing.”
“Content marketing is the art of providing relevant, useful content to your customers without selling or interrupting them. Instead of pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your customers more informed before they buy.”
“If you deliver consistent, ongoing, valuable information to your customers, they ultimately reward you with their business and loyalty.”
Melanie Deziel, Creative Strategist from Time Inc., tells us:
“For brand content to add value to a side experience, it needs to be relevant, authoritative, and trustworthy. Know your people, find your place, and dress the part.”
“You see a great teacher every day, and most days you learn something new and useful....You build up trust over time, you listen.”
Are you ready for the digital revolution in your marketing practices?
As you can see from the speakers' key points, content remains king. Are you ready for the digital revolution? Or do you need help from a digital marketing agency to get your organization or business on the path to growth in the digital marketplace? If so, contact us.